Vamos A Sembrar
Community Garden General Meeting
10/8/2021, [5:30 pm] 5:45 pm- 6:48 pm, Friday, in-garden.
Attendees (10 total; 8 members [of 15]): (see Minutes below)
- Vote on Rex H., motion to suspend or expel or not (formal grievance was made via email by Hannah N. against Rex H. on 1/31/2021 with several discussions and motion reiterated since then);
- Winter supplies update: who will pick up, Sat, Oct 23, 2021, 10 am – 1 pm.
- Re. scheduling garden workday, REMINDER: anyone can initiate a garden workday (day and time) inviting everyone; non-members can also initiate through a member.
- NOTE. Volunteer hours have not been really been logged/recorded at all for members; the logging and recording of volunteer hours is meant for non-members to be able to know when they qualify to become a garden member.
- Hydrant key issue (Vamos does not currently have one).
- Rain barrels – how many do we need and to fill with water?
- Any fall-winter community activities?
- REMINDER: Any suggestion for changes to the garden governing structure, as well as, any other bylaws related changes, Amendment Proposals can be submitted in writing (email) at any time; then one or two meetings before the Annual Meeting, submitted and new amendment proposals will be mentioned during the meeting; amendment proposals will then be voted on at the Annual Meeting.
- MENTION: That garden members participate in adding to the agenda items by replying to emails that announces the next meeting.
- Other items.
Meeting attendees: Chester Cattouse, Joanne Gil, Carmen Bonilla, Ray Montalvo, Enrique Arrosa, Shig Matsukawa, Raul Santiago, Efrian Ramirez, Jeannie Nieves, Hannah N., Edwin C.
One of the agenda was to vote on the motion for the grievance against Rex Hughes, for the lost of key from April 1, thru Sept 30, 2022. However, on a recommendation from Jeannie Nieves, Enrique Arrosa and Ray Montalvo, a new motion was put in to ban Rex Hughes starting April 1 thru Sept 30, 2022 from entering the Garden at all during such time. Joanne Gil had a proxy for Efrain Gil; Jeannie Nieves had a proxy for Rolando Acevedo. All members vote YES, EXCEPT Shig M., which didn’t vote one way or another. Motion was passed, therefore, Rex Hughes isn’t allowed in the Garden during this time.
On a different note, the Children’s Garden (Down to Earth Garden) offer to lend us the key for the fire hydrate for those interested in getting water and filling up the barrels. We decided to just keep 4 barrels, and donate the rest to another garden that might be in need of them. You can coordinate with Shig, to pick up the key and return.
Members also agreed upon not having any meetings during winter, since we have had so many and half of the time the members don’t show up. We would coordinate through email for any snow removal or anything else that needs to be done.
We also spoke about picking up the winter supplies giving out by GreenThumb, and a few members volunteer to do the pick up with Edwin Cruz and myself.
Have a bless day.
Secretary at Vamos A Sembrar